This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Working for a Dutch company

Norm79
Working for a Dutch company

Postby Norm79 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:02 pm

Hi, newbie here needing some advice please.

I am in discussions with a Dutch company about a new job. The role would be home based in the UK, with some travel to Amsterdam and global travel too. As I am home based would I pay UK tax? This is quite important when discussing the package.

Jholm

Re: Working for a Dutch company

Postby Jholm » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:46 pm

As a UK resident, you would indeed be subject to UK tax. I assume they would pay you as an employee in the UK?

Norm79

Postby Norm79 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:42 pm

Hi Jholm, thank you for the reply.

I hope this would be the case. Not quite got to that point of discussion yet, but I wanted to check. I could not find a lot of help searching online, information was more for people spending lots of time in an office abroad.

Jholm

Postby Jholm » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:28 pm

Taxation rules around residency can be complex but without the full facts, it is not possible to comment.

Norm79

Postby Norm79 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:55 pm

Thank you. I will return if and when things progress.

Return to “Income Tax”