This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Self assessment

Buzzy_furbox
Self assessment

Postby Buzzy_furbox » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:46 am

Hey,

I work for a joinery company and also cycle for deliveroo in the evenings,I am self-employed in both and woul dlike to know how I calculate my tax, I have paid 20% through the cis scheme for the joinery company for every payment and would like to know how I calculate how much more I have to pay with regards to the deliveroo job?

Thanks in advance...

jerome.lane

Re: Self assessment

Postby jerome.lane » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:44 am

For the joinery company, you will be liable to tax at 20% on profit between £12,500 and £50,000.

The Deliveroo profit will be liable to income tax at 20% or 40% depending on other income/profits.

You will also have class 2 NIC to pay (£156 this tax year).

Class 4 NIC is 9% on profits between £8,632 and £50,000. you pay 2% on profits thereafter.

If you are not a higher rate tax payer, you should broadly try and save 30% of your Deliveroo income and 10% of your net carpentry income to meet tax liabilities.

You can always contact me if you need professional help with your tax return.
Jerome Lane
Tax Adviser
Telephone: 07943 005902

GARDNER4

Re: Self assessment

Postby GARDNER4 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:45 pm

It appears you have already paid in advance 20% through cis, therefore depending on your business expenses etc, the income from delivero will be subject to tax but you May not need to pay any further Tax as you have already paid in advance.

Return to “Business Tax”