This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Collecting pension in Oct

rks2018
Collecting pension in Oct

Postby rks2018 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:45 pm

Like to know if anyone can advise please.
I am collecting one part of my pension when I'm 60byhis October. I will still be working after till at least 65. I also have another pension which will be due 5 years later all with same company.
Is there a limit to how much I. Can pay into avc 's? Each year. I' m thinking that when I collect my 65 pension I can convert the extra I paid into Avc's into pension and not increase any of my lump sum payouts which I believe must be at or below 25% of my pot to be tax free.
At age 60 my total income will be about 62k an increase of 12k so I guess I'll be paying 40%on the 12k?

Return to “Income Tax”