This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Income not withdrawn to bank

superconfused
Income not withdrawn to bank

Postby superconfused » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:47 am

Do I have to pay capital gains on money I have not withdrawn to my account?

If so I have a followup question:

The amount is in USD but my currency is GBP. How do I know what an authoritative USD to GBP conversion rate would be at the exact date and time when the money was received?
As it's a different currency i don't know how the amount should be in pounds and therefore how much tax to pay.

pawncob

Re: Income not withdrawn to bank

Postby pawncob » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:13 pm

Superconfused is an apt name. Can you post a meaningful question please? Full explanation required.
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

superconfused

Postby superconfused » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:21 pm

Superconfused is an apt name. Can you post a meaningful question please? Full explanation required.
I think the question was quite clear, but I've solved this problem by downloading the list of currency exchange rates for the month.

superconfused

Postby superconfused » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:22 pm

The lists are shown here in case anyone else is asking a similar question: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/hmrc-exchange-rates-for-2021-monthly

bd6759

Postby bd6759 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:35 pm

1. Yes

2. As you’ve discovered, the official exchange rate is a matter of public record.

Return to “Income Tax”