This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Court Case re Excluded Property Investments

rebeccam@myersclark.

Postby rebeccam@myersclark. » Mon May 15, 2006 6:11 am

I have been advised by an Inspector whilst chasing up the status of an enquiry that nothing further can happen as HMRC are awaiting the outcome of Court Cases challenging Excluded Property Settlements purchased by UK resident/domiciled individuals.

The scheme my client engaged in was done in April 2003 and she died in January 2005.

Does anyone know anything about these cases and exactly how they are attacking these schemes.

Taxbar

Postby Taxbar » Mon May 15, 2006 7:10 am

Why not ask him or her for details?

I am not aware of any cases on this area before the courts. They maybe @ special commissioner level and not heard yet?

The excluded property schemes had several potential flaws not least being "who is the settlor?".

Daniel Feingold
STP
info@stratax.co.uk

Return to “Tax Investigations and Enquiries”