This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Leaving the UK

steve7

Postby steve7 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:33 am

A friend of mine has left the country and moved to southern Ireland leaving a tax bill of about 25k She is worried that the Inland Revenue will seize her home in Ireland.
What is the IR likely to do?

Taxbar

Postby Taxbar » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:37 am

She should get a Uk professional to act and avoid the HMRC taking court proceedings and then getting a charging order on her UK home.

DanieL Feingold

steve7

Postby steve7 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:19 am

She has no home in the UK but shes worried about the IR taking her home in Southern Ireland

tax me less!

Postby tax me less! » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:03 am

I would suggest that you report the person concerned directly to HMRC AND take your own legal advice to avoid conspirancy to aid and abet money laundering putting you in jail.

https://www.taxevasionhotline.co.uk/

steve7

Postby steve7 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:09 am

She has no money to pay here tax bill of 25k because she purchase her home in Ireland.
She is worried sick that the HMRC will ake her home in Ireland.
What is the IR likely to do?

Return to “Tax Investigations and Enquiries”