This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

small business expenses but no receipts

GJH

Postby GJH » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:35 am

I have recently set up a small business buying second hand good and selling via the internet. I am keen to declare my income and offset expenses against tax, however everything I buy is from car boot sales/ jumble sales and receipts are not available. Any advice on how to deal with this would be much appreciated.

Simon Sweetman

Postby Simon Sweetman » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:08 pm

What that means is that you need to be meticulous with your record keeping. The most important thing is to make sure that you write everything down. If you are selling single items over the internet then it should not be too difficult to trace each one individually so that it is obvious that you must have bought it somewhere.

simon.sweetman@btinternet.com

Herbs16

Postby Herbs16 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:41 am

Hi
You need to prepare a basic set of accounts and a tax return, have you completed a cwf 1?
Any problems let me know.

Colette
onlineaccountancy@yahoo.co.uk

Return to “Business Tax”