This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.


Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

lending money to someone abroad

Joined:Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:09 pm

Postby jonsson » Tue May 04, 2004 10:28 am

I have recently lent money to a member of my family abroad in an EU country. The money has been paid back to my account from him, my question is does the tax inspector have a right to for the person's name, adress and bank statement without his permision?

Joined:Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:19 pm

Postby Taxbar » Wed May 05, 2004 2:41 am

Dear Jonsson,

It sounds like you are under enquiry from the Revenue.
You must seek professional advice and representation before disclosing any information to them.

Daniel M Feingold
Barrister-at-law (NP)
Strategic Tax Planning
International & UK Tax Consultants
Treen House 72 Park Road,
Prestwich Manchester M25 OFA

Return to “Tax Investigations and Enquiries”