This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Rent and Subletting

smiling
Rent and Subletting

Postby smiling » Mon May 11, 2009 9:23 am

Good morning,

I'm currently renting from a Landlord half of an apartment jointly with another tenant with 2 separate contracts with Landlord. Landlord offered the possibility to rent the apartment in its entirety to me and than I can subrent part of it to another person. My question is: would I be tax liable on the amount I receive, or it should be enough to demonstrate that that money goes straight back to landlord.

In practice saying that apartment in full cost 100, either I pay 50 and other half 50 directly to landlord or I pay 100 to landlord and receive on my account 50 from other tenant. Does it create any trouble under taxation point of view?

Return to “General”