This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

wills & trusts

eenir
wills & trusts

Postby eenir » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:02 pm

Resident in uk with a property also have a property in Portugal Want to ask if I can put both properties in a trust for my two sons

AdamS93

Re: wills & trusts

Postby AdamS93 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:39 pm

Of course you can.

If your main motivation is to avoid tax however, it is very unlikely you will achieve that.

You have provided us with 28 words of information so unless I improve on my mind reading skills there is absolutely no way I could give you any meaningful advice with one exception - arrange a meeting with a tax adviser.

AGoodman

Re: wills & trusts

Postby AGoodman » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:59 am

Also bear in mind that putting a Portuguese property in trust will involve many interesting legal issues (for interesting read expensive). It would probably involve a company of some kind as I doubt Portugal recognises trusts and could have some interesting (see above) tax consequences.

Return to “Inheritance Tax, IHT, Trusts & Estates, Capital Taxes”