The STEP UK Annual Tax Conference 2019 returns this year and will take place at four venues across the UK during May and June. The conference will kick off in Birmingham on 8 May 2019 and will continue in London, Leeds and Exeter.
Each year, this conference is incredibly popular, often selling out. Over 650 delegates attended this conference series in 2018; make sure you are one of them this year by signing up today!
The Annual Tax Conference takes place against the background of the Brexit negotiations, which may (or may not) be resolved by the time the series begins. The EU lecture will provide an update on this. Conference sessions will explore the impact of major developments that have occurred in recent years, including DOTAS one year on and the Capital Gains Tax (CGT) changes in recent Finance Acts, notably in respect of entrepreneurs’ relief and dealing with the Revenue and complying with the ever-increasing regulatory requirements. The area of Inheritance Tax (IHT) will also be discussed; what are the chances of reform and what areas of planning remain attractive.
A full and enlightening day is guaranteed!
Agenda topics that will be discussed will include:
- Capital Tax update
- Disclosure of Tax Avoidance Schemes (DOTAS)
- The importance of the EU for STEP members
- Recent Capital Gains Tax developments
- Agricultural Property Relief (APR)/ Business Property Relief (BPR)
- Dealing with the revenue
View the entire agenda and understand why this conference is the must-attend event.
- John Barnett TEP, Burges Salmon LLP
- Julie Butler, Butler & Co
- Emma Chamberlain OBE TEP, Pump Court Tax Chambers
- Richard Frimston TEP, Russell-Cooke Solicitors
- Robert Jamieson MA FCA CTA (Fellow) TEP, Mercer & Hole
- Oliver Marre, 5 Stone Buildings
- Dawn Register TEP, BDO LLP
- Philip Whitcomb, Moore Blatch Solicitors
- Chris Whitehouse TEP, 5 Stone Buildings
8 May, Birmingham
17 May, London
12 June, Leeds
18 June, Exeter
Previous Delegates Have Said:
‘An excellent day with a very well balanced programme’
‘An excellent conference both by the range of topics covered and the quality of the speakers’
‘Chris Whitehouse and John Barnett gave amazingly good presentation’
‘An excellent & relevant conference to the busy practitioner’
Register online at www.step.org/taxationNews19 or email email@example.com