Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet
Latest from the Forum Post Your Tax Query Latest from the Forum
Capital Gains Tax
on 24/11/2015 14:54, by 147

My wife and I purchased a property in 1981, and moved into it after a total refurbishment in 1984. It was our main home until 2000. We then rented out this property until now. When we submit our CGT form, do we use the value of the property when we moved out in ... Continue Reading

CGT / PPR on barn conversion
on 24/11/2015 14:22, by John b200

I've been trying to find answers to these questions for a while now, getting conflicting advice - can anyone help please ? We purchased a smallholding in 2003 consisting of a farm house and land. We built a barn on the land in 2012. The barn was used for the small ... Continue Reading

2 Brothers, 2 properties
on 24/11/2015 09:30, by fauji786

Hi There New to this site and looking for some advice My younger brother and I jointly own two properties, We currently live in one and rent one out. If we sold the 2nd house in this situation would Capital Gains Tax be applicable? As our families have grown ... Continue Reading

Check of SA returns (4 years)
on 23/11/2015 15:11, by numpty1

My heart sank this morning when I opened a letter asking for details for 4 years worth of SA returns. For a few years I've been in a cycle of trying to catch up with Corporation Tax for my ltd co for which myself and my wife have a 50% share each. I'm getting ... Continue Reading

gift of property
on 23/11/2015 14:31, by regiment

I am making an outright gift of a buy to let property to my wife who has presently no other taxable income and will therefore pay no tax on the rent. Will it be necessary to go through the whole customary conveyance procedure to transfer the property to her, or ... Continue Reading

Adding name to deeds
on 23/11/2015 10:56, by smiler15

Are there any implications in adding my name to my mother's Deeds. She is the sole owner but in due course we will be demolishing her bungalow and rebuilding on the land. At that point my name would be on the Deeds but in order to make it easier to obtain building ... Continue Reading

UK-Spain DTA
on 23/11/2015 10:12, by amitr19

Hi All We (UK Co) are about the recruit someone who will be working from home (Spain). This is purely because there is no need for them to come and sit in the London office and the job can be done as long as the person has an internet connection. Should we deduct ... Continue Reading

CGT on sale of house used solely for rentals
on 22/11/2015 18:52, by Bluefox

15 years ago my wife bought a house solely in her name, which she has always rented out and paid the tax on the rental income. We are now in the process of selling the house and two months ago used a Declaration of Trust to convert it to joint ownership, with a ... Continue Reading

Talk 32: Cars (continued)

26 Ways to Gain and Retain Clients